Tuesday, September 9, 2008

From Texas with Love

So to appease all of my nosy and bored friends, I will give you a synopsis of our life over the past couple of months.

After living in Arkansas for 8+ years, we decided to pack up everything and move to the Big D. It was really hard for me to leave Hendrix and Conway, but I was thrilled that Cody had finally decided to pursue his passion....teaching and coaching. Selling our house made me a stress ball (can you imagine having to keep your house super clean all the freakin' time??? It sucked!), but I am still so thankful that we sold it so quickly, given the glorious housing market that currently exists.
So....we packed and moved....not into a house or an apartment, but moved in with my parents. Fun times. We put all of our stuff in storage and stayed an entire month with the parentals. It was fine, for the most part, but there were times that I just sat in amazement thinking, "how did I do this for 18 years?!?!". But in all honesty, I don't know what we have done without them....huge blessing!

After living with my parents, you would think that we moved into our house...oh no. We moved in with friends. That's right, we have friends that accepted not only me and Cody, but a 1 year old into their home. The very best friends that anyone could ever ask for. So, while we waited to close on our house, we relived college memories. Fun times....

Finally, we moved into the house, started our jobs, and life, for the most part, is back to normal. We bought a house in South Arlington and while the house is okay, I am having a hard time falling in love with it. I am just not sold on the fact that it is "ours" yet. It kind of just feels like a space that happens to have all of our stuff in it. Eventually I will paint, so hopefully that will help.

Oh, almost forgot the saga that is Addison's childcare. My gosh, talk about a nightmare for a parent. I have never felt like a psycho-mom until faced with terrible childcare. We put Addison in a daycare until we could take the time to find the best home care. We always planned on the daycare being a short term deal, but boy, were we in for a shocker. After the first day Cody had to call the Director to let her know that the doors of the building were not locking, therefor becoming a security concern. After they fixed that, I thought, okay, this could work. But, after about a week, Addison started acting different...no entirely bad, but just different. She started to become VERY clingy and didn't want me to leave her sight. While it was very endearing and completely tugged at my heart strings, I knew something was wrong. After a couple of days of this, she started throwing a fit when I would take her to daycare. She didn't want to go...not at all. And when I would pick her up, she had never been so glad to see me.

After about a week of the cligginess, I go and pick her up one day and there is a note in her "cubby" saying that I needed to sign an "incident report". Come to find out, she was bitten...that's right, bitten. She had a HUGE chunk of her shoulder missing. Some hungry, hungry hippo had abused my baby. As upset as I was, I knew some kids go through that phase and things happen.

So, the very next day we I go and pick her up, there is ANOTHER note.....her lip was busted, swollen so big that it was touching her nose. She looked like the spawn of Angelina...bless her heart. They told me that she fell down and hit her lip on the floor. Likely story. The next morning after I dropped her off I called and talked to the Director for an hour. I told her that I was very upset because I didn't think they were keeping an eye on Addison and I didn't feel like they were taking good care of her. I was pissed that they hadn't called me on either of the previous TWO incidents and that, basically, I thought they sucked. She was VERY apologetic and I, eventually, felt a little better about things.

NOT AN HOUR LATER, she calls to inform me that little miss piggie had taken another bite out of Addison's arm. That was the last straw....I left work and took Addison out of that horrid place. Adios, idiots.

So, to make a long story short....she is now in a very caring and wonderful home. Here are a couple pictures of the happy Addison. I would post pictures of the war wounds, but they make me sad to look at and I don't want to subject you people to the horrors. Enjoy the smiles....

4 comments:

Rikki said...

Oh my gosh, Jessica! I don't even have kids and I am uber pissed for you! Way to go taking her out of there!

And I love the "Mrs. Piggy" nickname. That's great!

The Yuca Diaries said...

Its so sad.. she's such a good baby too.. I can't imagine anyone hurting her. Seriously those people need to go out of business.

Magen said...

Didn't know you were a blogger! Good to know. And thanks for the posture tip...I will try to be very poised while wearing a carrier. :)

Debbie said...

I seriously just laughed at loud at the "hungry hungry hippo" comment. That baby needs a friggin muzzle!! So glad Addison loves her new place!! :)